- Authors: John F. Miller, Carole E. Newlands
- File Size: 5 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 513 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
- Publication Date: October 31, 2014
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00SBX1DPE
- ISBN-10: 1444339672
- ISBN-13: 9781444339673
A Handbook to the Reception of Ovid – eBook PDF
A Handbook to the Reception of Ovid (PDF) presents more than 30 original essays written by leading scholars revealing the rich diversity of critical engagement with Ovid’s poetry that spans the Western tradition from antiquity to the present day.
- Features contributions from more than 30 leading scholars in the Humanities.
- Introduces familiar and unfamiliar figures in the history of the Ovidian reception.
- Demonstrates the enduring and transformative power of Ovid’s poetry into modern times.
- Offers innovative perspectives on Ovid’s poetry and its reception from antiquity to the present day
“The multi-authored Handbook to the Reception of Ovidis far more wide-ranging, and considers the whole field of Ovidian influence on literature, education, the visual arts, and film, from antiquity to the present day.” – Translation and Literature, 1 May 2015
“While readers will also want to consult works by Doody (1985), Oakley-Brown (2006), Hopkins (2010), and Martindale (1988) ― among many others, too numerous to list ― this new Handbook is highly recommended as a scholarly introduction to the reception of Ovid.” – Eighteenth-century Studies and Eighteenth-century Literature, 1 October 2014